Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Teaching others to love what I love



As I discussed my own theses and ideas with class members, I was introduced to how much these topics are still applicable and can be exciting.  As I have dug deeper into the literature, I find that I am trying to find something that excites me to the point of sharing.  Iago is such a dynamic character.  His motivations are obscure, his actions despicable, and I am drawn to him because of his simultaneous shallowness and depth of character.  I find myself comparing him to every Shakespeare character that has ever donned a disguise, whether for good or ill.  Iago changes so seamlessly from character.  It brings up the question of identity.  Actors dive into their characters, but how does that factor into when those characters dive into a disguise.  How far does it go? Is the character ever lost?  These questions fascinate me and I find that I am looking for a central idea, but I have a point at which to dive off!

No comments:

Post a Comment