Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Appealing to the People: Potential Forums for Sharing my Paper

I am looking into submitting my paper to Criterion and to the Eighth International Conference on the Arts in Society in Budapest, Hungary, in June of 2013.  The scope of papers for the conference seems pretty broad.  I think if I'm looking at the unreality of The Winter's Tale making it more real, while using theater as a lens, my paper will fit with "the examination and experimentation of ideas that connect the arts to their contexts in the world--on stage, in studios and theaters, in classrooms..."  I'm also looking into being a guest poster on nosweatshakespeare.com.

Creative Commons:
from boellstiftung
In terms of my audience, if I look at my thesis through a theater lens as Mikaela suggested, my paper can appeal to people studying theater theory and the idea of using the unreal to make something real.  It would also appeal to Shakespeare fans like those who read nosweatshakespeare.com.  If I focus a lot on the supernatural in The Winter's Tale, I can appeal to a religious audience reading Shakespeare or wanting to find connections between religion and Shakespeare. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of you blogging for nosweatshakespeare.com. That sounds like it would be a great fit for your writing style and approach to Shakespeare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the specificity of your audience, even down to the religious aspect of Shakespearean interpretations.

    ReplyDelete