Thursday, March 21, 2013

READ ME! I'LL HELP!

After doing some research on publication venues here's what I found:
The European Shakespeare Research Association is holding a conference this upcoming June on Shakespeare and myth. It costs money to go to it, though it's free to become a member of the Association and I think you only need to be a member to submit something (though I'll have to look a little closer into that).
University of Akron is having a conference in October that's basically for anything Shakespeare related and the submissions are due by the end of August.
The Shakespeare festival here in Cedar City is looking for paper submissions - the conference is at the end of August and the submission is due by May 1, and it's anything Shakespeare related though they're particularly interested in papers relating to Love's Labour's Lost, King John, and The Tempest.
This is a conference I found taking place in early May about music within Shakespeare work, which is perfect because that's a huge staple to my paper. I don't think it's still accepting submissions, but I just thought it was cool that there are other people out there interested in what I am and I'll be following this conference to see if anything gets posted online in May.

Anyways, I hope this is helpful for some of you - especially since I know there's a couple people looking at Love's Labour's Lost and The Tempest right now.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the conference submission suggestions, Mikaela! I'll have to look into the Shakespeare festival in Cedar City and the conference at the University of Akron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these! you're great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we sure that the University of Akron conference is current? The website linked her is for a conference in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mikaela! This is perfect! The Shakespeare festival is my new number 1 hope for publication! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete