Friday, March 22, 2013

Who cares about Coriolanus?

I am having somewhat of a difficult time finding an audience for my paper on the aspects of nature vs. nurture in Coriolanus. Coriolanus, compared to Shakespeare's other works, is not his most popular and the Nature vs. Nurture "audience" is about as broad as it gets.  After talking with Professor Burton I came to the conclusion that my audience must be composed simply of Shakespeare aficionados.

I spent a fair amount of time looking through the sources Professor Burton provided for finding outlets for our research and came up somewhat empty handed.  I found a few venues that were interested in Shakespeare's Roman play but the deadline for submission was already a year passed.  I did happen to find a venue that is as broad as my topic here.  This site also calls for guest bloggers as well so that could be another potential avenue.

Basically this process has kind of bummed me out on my paper. I need to find a way to spice it up and make it a little more relevant. I'll definitely be hitting the research hard this weekend and hopefully that will help me get a narrower focus. Meanwhile, any and all ideas would be most welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment