Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hooray for Martin!: The Results of the Tweethis

Martin, who was the person on goodreads I e-mailed about my thesis statement, messaged me back today!  He gave some really great advice and mentioned the connection between Greek myths and The Winter's Tale, which I think would be another interesting element to add to my thesis.  Maybe these myths add to the realism of the play in some way, like the archetypal characters.  

Martin also made a connection to the Bible, which I think is a more approachable and diplomatic way to say supernatural elements, like spiritual things, are true to life.  He directed me to some conversations on goodreads and said he was interested in my topic!  I'm going to write him back to say thank you, but it feels so cool to have someone, possibly in England, who I don't know, but is now sort of invested in my topic and my paper.   

1 comment:

  1. That's great news. But can you link back to prior posts so we can be reminded of who he is and the context for your query to him? I'm a bit lost just coming at here from here.

    Each blog post should softly recap your larger project to help those who are not following your whole story sequentially.

    ReplyDelete