Wednesday, March 13, 2013

These 11th Graders Seem to Have an Awesome Teacher

Okay, this is really cool.  I just stumbled upon this wordpress site entitled Shakespeareance.wordpress.com.  There's a discussion of Henry IV and The Tempest going on, and it's an eleventh-grade class doing what we're doing!  
a high school
from Creative Commons

The members of Mr. Wiskin's 11th grade class are supposed to:

  • create "a learning community of Shakespeare scholars both inside and outside of the classroom"
  • "provide a venue to comment on our thoughts and ideas beyond the classroom walls"
  • "engage in deep study of Shakespeare's texts and how they are relevant to our lives and the human condition"
  • extend "discussion outside of the classroom." 
Mr. Wiskin also provides links of library books, videos, and reference sources of Shakespeare for his students.  I commented on their blog and linked to ours so we can share more of what we're doing!  

7 comments:

  1. That's a great find, Rachel! I'll have to go plowing through the comments at some point because, unfortunately, the blog is not very well designed to support outside viewers. I can't really tell what each post is about and who is posting where, but there may be a workaround that we could come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nyssa,

      Thanks for taking a look at my class' blog. I am concerned that my website is not as easy to navigate as I initially though. My goal is to have the site easy to navigate so others can interact and engage in discussion with my class about Shakespeare's texts. If you offer any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks for your interest in the website!

      John Wiskin

      Delete
  2. They're starting 'em earlier and earlier haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teach them while they're young, yeah, that's the way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh. Maybe they've studied A Midsummer Night's Dream! I can see if they've learned any deep life lessons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone!

    Thanks for taking an interest in my classes website. You're the first people to really engage with the site since I put it up (four weeks ago so it's growing slowly). Feel free to engage in dialogue with my class at any time as we will be continuing our discussion on both Henry IV, Part One and The Tempest this week.

    Leah: We haven't discussed A Midsummer Night's Dream yet so they can't share any life lessons there.

    Paul: Feel free to jump in if you enjoy discussing The Tempest.

    Take care everyone!

    ReplyDelete