Friday, March 8, 2013

Facebook Freakouts

This might be a little early on to post this, but I already threw up one possible thesis on Facebook to see how people would respond and I was super surprised at the result.

Here's what I posted:


Within 24 hours, the post had generated 26 comments (several by me replying to others) by 6 different people and likes from 5 more people. They ranged from this:




To this:


And this:


And even this:



(Notice this one got 5 likes.)

So, while I'm not quite sure I got much useful feedback to help guide my paper, I did get to articulate my ideas better as I responded to all of these people, and I found out at the very list this topic gets people talking about Shakespeare even if they normally wouldn't bring him into everyday conversation.

If nothing else, it keeps me thinking about my topic. This is fun!

5 comments:

  1. forgive me for stating the obvious but I think you've got something people will argue about

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get such pristine looking pictures of those facebook posts!? I would have NO idea how to go about doing that, but it seems like an amazing idea! Any help for a technologically challenged soul?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I'm using a MacBook Pro, which lets you take screenshots with command+shift+4. On windows, you can just search "screen clipping tool" from the start menu and something should come up. Also, if you use Evernote or OneNote like we talked about in class last Friday, they both have screen-clipping tools built in.

      Delete
    2. You're a genius, Paul! Thanks!

      Delete
    3. You're a genius, Paul! Thanks!

      Delete