Sunday, March 10, 2013

Katharine's Voice


To those of you that replied to my blog post about being a naysayer, THANK YOU! You helped more than you know! Here’s a round of applause for you!
CC By Nemo
The different points of view that everyone brought up kind of discouraged me (but in a good way). After thinking about all the comments, I still thought that this was something worth pursuing (Good sign! Yay!), but the comments asked me questions that I was unprepared to answer. They asked me things that I hadn’t asked myself, and now I have different approaches that I can take. Nyssa was particularly helpful because she asked, “How can you prove genuineness?” (I’m paraphrasing.) So while I haven't exactly come up with a plan or prepared my "tweethis" statement, I think I have a better direction now. 

Also, the comments and other research that I had done prompted me to return to the text. One source I found mentioned briefly about how people generally question Henry’s love for Katharine, but people rarely consider whether Katharine loves him. Looking at that scene, I realized that once again Henry has the majority of the lines (Surprise! Surprise!). Katharine mostly just feigns ignorance until finally she cuts Henry some slack and tells him,

“Den it sall also content me”

So does Katharine love Henry or is she just going along for the ride? What say ye? 

1 comment:

  1. I like looking at the scene from her perspective because she is an intriguing character and, as you said, doesn't have a whole lot of lines.

    ReplyDelete