Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Where I'm At

Life is good!  And if only today looked like this.
For revising my paper, from classmates and myself:

  • Paul mentioned that I should work on transitioning between ideas better, so I've started to do that with my paper.  I realized that even though headings are helpful, with them I have to be especially careful that I don't separate the parts of my paper too much and have them not work together.
  • From Nyssa and Mikaela's advice with my initial rough draft, I decided to change the order of the paragraphs of my paper.  Instead of starting with Leontes, I introduced the romance of the play, then the historical context of Shakespeare's work and its critical reception.  I'm going to check back and see if it makes sense to bring up Shakespeare's changing the novella Pandosto at the beginning of the play because right now that paragraph is at the end.  It would be cool to have it come after comments from critics that Shakespeare was sloppy with his work, as he intentionally changed the ending of a tragedy to make it a romance and add in Hermione's coming back to life.
  •  Lauren mentioned that she was initially confused by how Leontes and the oracle fit into my argument, so I'm going to go back and make sure that's explicit, as Paul also mentioned that the argument can get confusing at times.  I appreciated Paul's and Lauren's encouragement about how I used my secondary sources because I was worried about that.
  • I do have to flesh out some paragraphs, including writing my conclusion and deciding if I want to keep the last few points, but overall I'm feeling pretty good about where the draft is and don't want to make it too long.  
For going back to blogging assignments:
  • I need to do an annotated list of outlets from Week Five, Post #1 because I think knowing my audience will help me to see what points I don't need in my essay; it might be too long with all of the points I want to address at the moment, but knowing my audience means I'll have a better idea of what my audience will really care about.
  • I also need to do the Social Process post from Week Four by detailing how I have helped others develop their bibliographies and also reporting on how I've been helped by others.  I have had a lot of cool experiences with social proof this semester, so it'll definitely be easy to write that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment