Friday, April 5, 2013

Response to Criticism

I didn't have a lot of time in class to talk about my draft with Paul and Bailey, but Paul did have some good tips for me. He mentioned that I was possibly making too big of assumptions of what a general audience would know and gave recommendations about how I could fix that perception. He also helped me work out the flow of my paper and be able to read it at the sentence and word level. That way it will read a lot easier, and the editing process should really refine it.

Lizy had a good suggestion on my post of my essay, too. She mentioned a counterargument that I should address, namely the invasion of France that grows in the background until act V. Truth be told, that plot point of the play had always been really confusing to me, so Lizy has inspired me anew to contextualize my reading in the play, even the parts that I didn't understand as much. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment