Monday, April 15, 2013

What just happened....?

Oh my goodness. I did it. I submitted my paper to not only BYU ScholarArchives, but also to the Fifth Annual Crime, Media, and Popular Culture Studies Conference (Paul and Britton, I suggest you submit too!) at Indiana State University, as well as the Midwest PCA/ACA held in St. Louis this year. I was so nervous because I've never submitted anything ever in my life. I mean, the only abstract I've ever written was for a science fair project. I figured the worst that could happen is that I get rejected, move on, maybe improve my paper, and try again later. Then this happened:



Wait. What? They.. they accepted me? They want me to present my paper at their conference? I mean first of all, I don't even go to that University! BUT THEY ACCEPTED ME. I'm so excited I can't stop smiling. Now all I have to do is decide if I want to go.

I mean, it's no Germany, but still! I think it would be a great experience! I've never presented something I care so much about infront of people I don't know as... as an "academic scholar"before. I just have to scrap together $180 dollars before May 6th. I e-mailed my 295 Professor who I still keep in contact with and he suggested that the English Department might be able to help with that, but neither of us know who to talk to. Do any of you maybe know if they give financial help to presenters? If not, I'm sure I can figure something out.

Ahhh I'm so excited I can't take it right now. I really want to do this. I love my paper and my subject and I'm so grateful to Professor Burton for pushing me in this class to go out of my comfort zone and submit. I don't even care if they're short on applicants and that's why they accepted me. THEY STILL DID.

And it made my day :)

PS- I'm still waiting to hear back from the other conference, and I've found another one that I'd love to submit too. I'm going to have to watch myself. I'm on this weird submission high right now.

2 comments: