Friday, April 5, 2013

To Lizy and Steve . . .From Kaylee with Love


Lizy - Your research and explication are very thorough! Great job on doing your homework!
 If you’re worried about space, I don’t think you need to have an individual paragraph for each play in part 1. In fact, I think that you could probably get away with cutting those three paragraphs entirely and just jumping right in to your paper. I think that a little fine tuning might also help in cutting your paper down. What do you need to drive your point across? What information is superfluous? All in all, good job Lizy!

Steve – Good way of phrasing the old nature vs. nurture argument. It seems like you’re emphasizing the nurture part, saying, “Well it’s not quite all his fault?” Am I understanding that correctly? Anyway, I thought it was quite an excellent viewpoint on a much debated topic. One thing I noticed about the paper that you might want to consider revising: avoid cliché phrases and long sentences. Sometimes there are really long phrases in the sentences, so it’s hard to remember previous clauses by time the sentence is over, and then the sentence doesn’t make sense. Anyway, nice job. After you revise, I think it will look fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. You got it right Kaylee. Thanks for your criticism! I will definitely put it to good use.

    ReplyDelete