Tuesday, April 9, 2013

M.I.A

It's bad enough when you have one paper, but it's even worse when it turns out you actually have 4 papers due instead of just the one, and now you have to figure out all of those papers too. Lately I've been feeling like I'm drowning, and not just in papers, but in life. Nothing seems to be going right. I've managed to at least have some sort of direction with this paper, but I've put so much focus on it that my other papers almost ceased to exist. As I've been trying to catch up on those, this paper has taken a serious hit. Honestly, I'm starting to lose hope.

As far as feedback, I gave out a ridiculously incomplete draft that received a little bit of feedback from two people (I shouldn't be surprised that only two people had comments since it wasn't a complete draft). I liked what Paul said about making sure I don't say reality TV is as good as Shakespeare because I could how people could interpret my paper in that way. Nyssa also gave me some good feedback on my organization which really helped me out. I read Paul's draft and gave him some feed back on his organization as well and I actually found it helpful for myself. Paul and I have a few similar points in our paper, and reading his points helped me solidify my own.

One thing Nyssa pointed out was the need to ground my argument in the text. I haven't posted a single blog entry on this because frankly, I don't have any direction in relation to the text. I'm really struggling with this for whatever reason and I haven't been able to find help anywhere it seems. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. I have stress dreams about this aspect of my paper and, as I mentioned earlier, I'm losing hope.

Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated because my sanity is hanging by a thread.


5 comments:

  1. So glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! Keep your head up, you can do this! As I was reminded in General Conference, "though tribulations rage abroad, in me ye shall have peace." Last night at like 11:00 pm I was about to give up and go to bed after getting NOTHING done for the two hours I'd been sitting at my computer, but I was talking to a friend on FB and asked him to pray for me to be able to focus on this paper. Then I signed out and started working, and it was AMAZING what a huge difference I felt in my capacity to comprehend/connect the articles I was reading. Say a prayer and I will say one for you too! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bailey, I hope things are going better! I feel like "A Midsummer Night's Dream" is very much like reality tv, this fake situation created by these fairies who kind of just enjoy these people making fools of themselves.

    ReplyDelete