Monday, April 8, 2013

Progress

So I got some really great feedback from some really great writers (Thanks, Britton, Kaylee, and Lauren). 
Receiving all of this great feedback has really given me a second wind to finish off this paper. Many of the areas where I received criticism were already on my radar to fix and seeing that others saw those flaws as well was really validating in a way.

For now I am going back through my paper and trying to incorporate the criticism that I received by adding more of the back story of Coriolanus, and rephrasing a lot of my awkward sentence structure. One of the main things that I am working through is how to articulate in a clearer way the out come of my argument.  Britton and I talked about the societal paradox that exists in Coriolanus that my paper addresses to degree. This paradox explains how a society can simultaneously build up and revere a leader and at the same time relish in said leaders flaws and call for that leaders demise. I am attempting to show how the nurturing aspects of society are the root of this fatal paradox. Basically I have a ton of work to do but feel like I have the tools to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment