Saturday, April 6, 2013

Comments on Nyssa's Paper

Nyssa, I though you did a great job with your paper. I only have one or two things to say. I couldn't find a good image to go with them, though (I already used Thumbs and Ammo, and I promised myself I'd stop using so many animated gifs), so I think I might not post an image this time.
I thought your analysis was generally pretty strong, except in your last paragraph. I recognize this is still a rough draft, but I had a hard time following your reasoning in your final paragraph.

Also, I noticed you started a couple sentences with "And." I know that's not technically against the rules, but in this more-formal setting, it sounds a little funny. Could you find a different way to say things?

Finally, what about using the line "I see the world feelingly" as part of your title? That seems to fit well.

Once again, good job. I through your use of your primary and secondary sources was very good, and nothing to complain about there.

AAAH COULDN'T HELP MYSELF
Screencap from Dodgeball..



1 comment:

  1. David, I'll take a look at that paragraph. I wouldn't be surprised if it feels like I rushed through it. Funnily enough, Paul also commented on my "And" proclivity. Over the past year, I've been trying to make my formal writing more accessible, and sometimes that results in informal tics. What do you know.

    Also, that GIF is awesome. Thanks for including it.

    ReplyDelete