Wednesday, September 23, 2015

My Sick Sonnet

My sonnet was mostly inspired by own sickly state. I found that all I could focus on was my own misery, and since misery is a popular topic in poetry, it seemed appropriate for my sonnet. I didn't base my poem off any sonnets or try to imitate any of the styles; I was pretty set on my own.

My nose is runny and I'm cold
The snot is running down my face
My head is cloudy and I'm told
I've left some tissues in my wake

My brain is fuzzy, I'm confused
I am no good on drugs you see
Right now sleep is my only muse
My homework's crap-screw my degree

I trip, I sway, the grounds a blur
Is this an earthquake or a dream?
I am not drunk, although I slur,
I am more sick than I may seem

Although you might think I do lie
I'm pretty sure I'm 'bout to die

My sonnet definitely has a more casual feel to it; it's more focused on blunt humor than eloquence.

2 comments:

  1. Great sonnet, I really liked it! I'm sorry you're not feeling good, though :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is well-written, but I'm sorry that you were inspired by such a subject!

    ReplyDelete