Tuesday, September 1, 2015

About Me

Hi everybody,

I'm Kimberly Jackman.  I am from a small town in Northeastern Oregon called La Grande. Because of that I love to do anything and everything outdoors such as hiking, camping, fishing, boating, and the list continues. This is my third year at BYU, however it is my first year back from an amazing mission.  I served in the Michigan Lansing Mission for one year until I received my visa to go to the Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos Mission.  I got married just this summer to my best friend Cody Martin (still working on the Martin name change).  I am an English major, I have loved reading, writing, and speaking my entire life.  I was first introduced to Shakespeare in high school through the form of Romeo and Juliet, which I too hated as some of the other class members have mentioned. But then my sophomore year of high school I had an amazing teacher who taught Macbeth and I have loved Shakespeare ever since.  So far my favorite Shakespearean play is King Lear.


3 comments:

  1. I think that's really neat that your favorite play is King Lear! What makes it your favorite?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wedding dress! (And I understand the pain of the name-changing process. My maiden name will be sticking around for a few months till I settle into the semester.) Question: one of my friends, Alexis Kaegi, served in Michigan and then Brazil for her mission from 2013-2014. Do you know her?! Also, I'm from Oregon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw an incredible production of King Lear in high school, and I don't think anything has matched it since for me. Also, that's kinda funny that your mission was split that way! What did you think of that?

    ReplyDelete