Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Pacific Northwest Girl



Well, everybody in the class already knows that I'm an actor-although I wouldn't say that's completely accurate. I've acted before, but I'm not true actor. My love of theater originates in my deep and unending love for words. I love books, poems, essays, stories, speeches, etc. If you give me a beautiful sentence, or a word, I will fall head over toes in love with it before you can remind me that the sentence is part of a book. Nonetheless, acting has been, fun, mostly because I've done quite a bit of Shakespeare. I was Juliet in a high school production of Romeo & Juliet, as well as Hermia in a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream. I get to be a part of that play again this year in the role of Hippolyta. Other than that, my love of Shakespeare is as unending as my love of words, a passion that the bard himself shared. I've read many of his plays, memorized his sonnets, and seen some incredible, and not-so-incredible performances of his works. 

As for me, all you really need to know is that I am from Vancouver (not BC), Washington (not DC), and that I miss it every day. The rain, the trees, the unpolluted PNW air; it calls to me. I come from a half hispanic, half white family where cultural lines get blurred. The first picture is of me and my best friend/boyfriend enjoying the sunrise, the second picture is of my other great love, Oly the bunny. His predecessor, Jaro, was also named after a mountain. Olympus and Kilimanjaro. I would read all day long if I could, and I often do. My other interests include paleontology and baking, which I try to combine as much as I can. 

I'm looking forward to this class, and to getting to know everybody.

Thanks, 

Sarai

3 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you on your performance! I'm really excited to see you in it next week. I don't have a bunny but I do have a turtle back in Kentucky. He was aptly named Bowser until I figured out that the pet shop had mistaken the gender and now I have a very poorly named girl turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, PNW! I miss its weather and diverse environment and all the friendly people. Are you planning on moving back to the Washington area after graduation? I feel like most people from the northwest aren't planning on staying in Utah a second longer than they have to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I plan on leaving as quickly as I can ;)

      Delete