Sunday, September 27, 2015

Adulting-Revised

An adult Sarai, at her finest. 

I do not think that I am quite mature--
My schoolwork is enough to prove my claim. 
I do my best--now that I know for sure.
But sometimes things continue just the same. 
And as for rest I think I'm in a drought! 
I schedule naps to maximize my time. 
Degrees are worth my lack of sleep, no doubt!
But at this point, just dropping out sounds prime. 
And I won't even start on being broke-
At least this month I easily made rent.
It seems my money just goes up in smoke-
And each new check is treasure-heaven sent!
And in the end I see no single win
So I'll call Mom and ask to move back in. 


I hope that I have all the meter correct! I tweaked the lines my partner and I talked about in class. 

Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I identify with this sonnet so much!! There isn't much enjambment, though, so while the meter seems to read well, it's very choppy since almost each line sounds like a complete sentence/phrase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always struggle with enjambment in poems! I'm not sure why that particular device is so difficult for me

      Delete
  2. Haha I agree with Erin. Let's all drop out and live at mom's house. I think adding spaces between every four lines would help to notify the reader that the subject and the rhyme scheme is moving forward. I found myself a little lost at one point because I didn't recognize a transition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! That's a pretty easy change to make :)

      Delete