Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Social Proof

I was very surprised at the amount of feedback I received when I posted my ideas. My Facebook post about my thesis received a like and three comments, which was fun. I was also pleased to see that the people who responded to my post were engaging with each other. My cousin and my friend were validating each others' ideas through likes and comments, which was fun to see. Also, thanks to Jessica from our class. :)



What I was really excited about though, was the response I received from my old English teacher from high school. I was a little worried that I wasn't going to get a response, but I have been able to share ideas with her. One thing she said changed my research question a bit. She was writing to me about how Shakespeare is one the best psychologists. When she said that I thought that psychology was interesting and so I changed my research topic to focus a little more on how Shakespeare's works can apply to adolescent psychology. This is an angle that I was not planning on taking, and it is moving into a realm that I am unfamiliar with, but I'm excited. Any tips would be appreciated!

I messaged my teacher back to see if I could post our conversation on the blog, I will keep you all updated. Meanwhile though, I have enclosed a funny conversation I stumbled upon that illustrates the importance of teaching Shakespeare. We need to have a basic knowledge of Shakespeare if only so we can understand pop culture. My favorite though, is the comment that talks about the importance of "Shakespear." Oh no...


1 comment:

  1. So, responses helped you to evolve your topic toward adolescent psychology. I'm glad this social angle helped you get more specific. Hope your former teacher allows you to post your exchange with him. That sounded great.

    ReplyDelete