Sunday, November 11, 2012

People are actually RESPONDING!!!

Here is the update of my annotated bibliography and a little more information.



Social Networks and new media: I am sending my essay to my dad and both of my English major brothers to see what they think about it.  I also have two English major old mission buddies that I am sending it to.

I have gotten myself a Twitter Account and have found several sources that I am currently thumbing through. Most of them are teachers or acting troops.

I have started a conversation with a blogger and we are discussing the attributes of Shakespearean and modern villains. Very interesting conversation.
http://whatsitallaboutshakespeare.blogspot.com/2011/12/recipe-for-great-shakespearean-villain.html?showComment=1352358140290#c5854624268826375061

I really do like the basic structure of this website. The power points are full of useful information.
http://www.slideshare.net/cstrayer/othello-background-notes

My Facebook conversation has finally elicited some good responses! Only a few people had something to say, but some input was given.

Formal Sharing and Publication: I have researched the publication and submission guidelines for Criterion and am also reading some of their editions. This is really helping me to groom my paper for publication.




4 comments:

  1. Way to go! It looks like you are using some good resources. You're also lucky to be surrounded by so much help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the conversation with the blogger is definitely one that can have consistent information that might be helpful to you.

    Which of the above people have you gotten the most responses from?

    Good job Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bloggers name is S.A Markham and she is very willing to discuss Shakespeare. She deals with a lot more than just villains. I recommend looking her up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I was reading this book for fun but it had a line regarding Shakespeare's villains. I don't know if you could/should use it in your paper but if you need to incorporate another aspect about modern culture here is the line. The character who is speaking is William Shakespeare.
    "Don't you think villains are much more interesting?" Will asked. "They get all the best lines." (The Enchantress page 402).
    If you are interested I can tell you more about it in class. :)

    ReplyDelete