Monday, November 12, 2012

Utah Shakespeare Festival Wants Our Essays

With papers well underway, this is the part where we search for a publisher, or just a way to get people to read what we've written. I'll admit I feel unworthy of such an honor as publication, but I have to give it a shot anyway right?

When I originally chose Love's Labour's Lost for the topic of my paper, it was because they are performing it next year at the Shakespeare Festival down in Cedar City. I got to thinking that maybe there is a way to publish through the festival and sure enough I found this link.

http://www.bard.org/woodeno/call.html

Apparently the Utah Shakespeare Festival puts out a journal called the Journal of the Wooden O Symposium. They take only Shakespeare related essays, sometimes asking for essays on specific plays. The problem with this journal is that the deadline was last may, but that probably means they will restart and list new requirements and new deadlines pretty soon.

This may not only benefit me, but others in the class who are looking for prestigious Shakespeare journals to go through to get their work out. I haven't done much digging yet, but I wanted to get this posted so others could take a look if they needed ideas for finding publishing resources. I'll keep you all updated as I discover more information.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is cool Sarah! I really love the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City, it'd love to just try and submit a paper to it! I like that it is so Shakespeare-focused, versus some other journals that are only literature based. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this link as well and thought it was interesting how it only had prior information. I guess I was so used to having current information that it surprised me that the topics for next year weren't already posted. But thanks!

    ReplyDelete