Thursday, November 1, 2012

"Halstaff" Annotated Bibliography

Social Graph. The most obvious/available one for this is to post my tweethis on Facebook, as that will make it available to my peers and homies. It will also serve to do a little fishing for enthusiasts about the topic. I've considered opening a Twitter account for about a year, but I haven't bothered. I very well may make that step in my life so as to be able to narrow down in scope my social targets. Otherwise, I can text peers as well.

New Media. I've dabbled in goodreads and imdb for a few. I've enjoyed reading several reviews on goodreads about not only Henry IV, Part 1, but I also ended up looking into what people had to say about the preceding play, Richard II, and also Henry IV, Part 2. I recently watched the most recent film adaptation of this play which is part of a BBC series titled The Hollow Crown, which covers from Richard II to Henry V. I'm not sure if I'll be able to check out other earlier adaptations of part one of Henry IV, but I think it would serve me well. Back to goodreads for a second, I also checked for groups on Henry IV, but I was given nothing. I'm thinking the next thing I'll do is check into blog searches.

Social Networks. Facebook, Twitter, Google+. Fishing for expertise in these networks, I will probably need to start broad, like starting with a basic Shakespeare search, and then refine it from there.

Traditional Scholarly Resources. I haven't yet looked much into JSTOR, LION, OED, or other sites like these, but I know they're there and they will be consulted very very soon. I do have a book in hand that was temporarily bequeathed to me by Professor Burton and it is pretty rich with a smorgasbord of contexts and cultural writings concerning Henry IV, Part 1. The history that I'm pretty sure I'm going to use to back my thesis is found in a portion of this book.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are going right to performances where you can understand and analyze the text.

    Where is your tweethis? Your latest version -- the one you are to post to your social networks?

    This isn't a bibliography -- just a plan for where you hope to explore. Try again and name and annotate actual findings.

    ReplyDelete