Thursday, November 29, 2012

Revised Annotated Bibliography

Social Graph
I was able to bounce some ideas off my "homies" and also a hometeacher but I think the most important social graph here were my parents who are helping me to hone my ideas and clarify points. 

New MediaI was excited to find Bruce Young's book online in a digital format.  It made reading certain chapters really easy because I could just upload the chapters to my laptop and read them whenever I had a few minutes in between classes.  Rather than carry a book around I was carrying my laptop.  Although in this case I think my laptop was heavier than the book itself. . . 

Social Networks
  • Goodreads Shakespeare Group
  • Facebook 
  • Maybe Google + I'm not really established on here but I might try it.

Traditional Scholarly Sources-

  • Smith, Amy L. “Performing Marriage with a Difference: Wooing, Wedding, and Bedding in The Taming of the Shrew.Comparative Drama 36, nos. 3-4 (fall-winter 2002-2003): 289-320.
  • Martins, Maria Lúcia Milléo. “The Taming of the Shrew:  Shakespeare’s Theater of Repetition.” In Foreign Accents: Brazilian Readings of Shakespeare, edited by Aimara da Cunha Resends, pp. 126-37. Newark: University of Delaware Press, 2002.
    This has the changing ideas of marriage and how women are supposed to behave and act even though they are the vehicles through which men receive property and money.
  • Crocker, Holly A. “Affective Resistance: Performing passivity and Playing A-Part in The Taming of the Shrew.Shakespeare Quarterly 54, no.2 (summer 2003): 142-59.Argues that feminine virtue is a performance that allows women to obtain their desires of free agency within the play.
  • Young, Bruce Wilson. Family Life in the Age of Shakespeare. Westport, CT: Greenwood, 2009. www.npu.edu.ua. Web. 12 Nov. 2012.This is the electronic copy of the book that Professor Burton mentioned in class. (The BYU Library didn't have a copy of it so I luckily was able to find it online.)

No comments:

Post a Comment