Monday, November 12, 2012

Criteria for Criterion

I've heard about Criterion before, but I never seriously considered submitting a paper. Never hurts to try! I read through one essay that was excellent, it had some deep analysis which made me want to strengthen my own textual readings. Quick question though, the papers were all submitted with big headings announcing the next section of the paper, which I could do in my paper, however, I don't think Dr. Burton wants it formatted this way. I could always change it after I turn it in. I think the whole class might as well take a shot at submitting a paper to Criterion, because what is the worst that could happen?
http://english.byu.edu/criterion/submissions.php

2 comments:

  1. Well, the worst that could happen is not trying I would think. I think that you are right and Professor Burton is just trying to help us understand that we need to get our papers out there and have another audience other than our teacher and the library archive. (It is a motivation but how many people will really read that unless they are some future student writing a paper concerning topics very similar to our own?) It's good to widen the horizons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I agree, it doesn't hurt to try. And your concern about the formatting is going to be something to watch for in every submission. Each publisher is going to have its own criteria as far as sources, formatting, content, length, etc., and papers are going to have to be revised differently for everything

    ReplyDelete