Thursday, December 13, 2012

Once upon a time there was a research paper. . . .



Well the story of my paper began with the first paper we wrote for this class.  I originally wrote about the bloody imagery of Henry’s speech (once more to the breach) but there was just so much territory I hadn’t explored in Taming of the Shrew and so I was drawn to all of the possible research prospects.  Original Ideas Once I had my topic, Revised Thesis I was excited to post on my social outlets however, I didn’t receive as much feedback as others did.  Social Networks Response I think it was because of the way I worded my post, just a bit too scholarly.  I think that I would have gotten a better response if I made a group out of it or just went broader to begin with.  I think if I had more time I would try a different post with a more neutral statement and from there start a message group with those who were actually interested in discussing my thesis.  After talking with Mallory over a rough draft (mini paper), I started gathering research.  It seemed like the facts were coming together of their own accord.  I had some friends review it. their response and video summary I ended up submitting my paper to Criterion because it was a magazine that would take my work and had similar requirements to the class.  This also means that I had the least amount of revisions to make in order to polish this paper into a suitable state for publication. 

No comments:

Post a Comment