Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Revised Thesis

Although Kate’s subservient attitude seems to be simply submission to her husband’s will, it is actually her shaping and controlling both her husband and their marriage. This movement of power from the man to the woman showcases the changing concepts of an Elizabethan marriage.

Most everyone seemed to like the thesis I had so I turned to the information from reading some blogs that I had found.  One characterized Beatrice as a Shrew for always speaking her mind and yet she often portrayed as being well liked which is in direct contrast to Kate.  I thought of how both Kate and Beatrice seem to receive that which they wish in the end, whether it is going to Bianca's wedding feast or reading the love note/marrying Benedict.  Other blogs discussed how power is wielded by the women because they manipulate the men.  And so I tried to clarify that point in my thesis above to show what I had learned.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, this looks good! My one suggestion: I don't know if I know what you mean when you say "her shaping and controlling both her husband and their marriage." Maybe it's just a typo? Do you mean her attitude shapes and controls her and her husband? Great work!

    ReplyDelete