Wednesday, October 31, 2012

LLL Annotated Bibliography


Revised Thesis: 

The inconsistencies are in Love’s Labour’s Lost, such as the divergent ending, can be explained because the play is an original story by Shakespeare and not a retelling of a familiar story. I want to prove that Shakespeare ended this play without a happy ending to reflect of the history of the times, write for a specific audience, and a show some originality in his first story he created.

Bibliography:

Social Graph:

  • Roommates-Vary from English to Psycology to nursing, so I will get all degrees on the scale from familiar to completely lost
  • Family-We all went and saw Hamlet together so they are all familiar with Shakespeare though not with this play. Still they are up-to-date on media and pop culture so they will have good insights
  • Professors-I am taking the Tudor Sonnets class from Kim Johnson. I could probably ask her for direction and obtain social proof
  • Classmates-With the blog going not I feel better knowing I can post if I get lost and need help.
New Media:

Social Networks:

  • Facebook, though a large portion of my friends don’t speak English
  • Any other groups I stumble across in my research
Traditional Scholarly Sources


3 comments:

  1. That's fun! So you are saying that his was a sort of break through play for Shakespeare. This was his gambit to create something truly original and separate himself from his peers. Exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting direction! I guess I feel like your two sentences in your thesis are addressing two different ideas, so maybe I'm wondering how you can tie them together. How exactly does this unhappy ending reflect the history of the times? Great ideas though! I'm interested to see where this is headed. Also, it looks like you have some awesome sources.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete