Thursday, December 6, 2012

Branagh Twelfth Night

I also watched Kenneth Branagh's Twelfth Night. It was fun to watch but it wasn't at all my favorite version of this play. I typically enjoy the plot of Twelfth Night simply because of all of the ridiculous gender confused people running around everywhere. This play also has a dark side too it, though. The pranks that are played are really quite torturous and when one thinks about it, very disturbing as well. I guess we don't often think about the result of a prank on someone else, and if we do realize how hurtful it can be, it is all the worse when we go through with it. I think in that regard, Twelfth Night is very applicable to younger school goers who must deal with the dilemma of being bullied, or being the bully. I enjoyed this production. It felt very much like a play, but I have come to expect a little more cinematography from Branagh, so this was a bit of a let down, even if it was more authentic. Either way, it was still funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment