Monday, October 19, 2015

Foolin Around

I've really latched onto the language structures that Shakespeare uses for different characters. Specifically, noble, supernatural, or isolated characters are distinguished often by their poetic forms. Overlapping with my interest in the Fool trope, I would love to explore the Fool and how he is distinguished from society and from the sphere of knowledge in each play one appears. Maybe Twelfth Night or As You Like It. Hamlet also pretends to the role of the Fool in order to shortcut the niceties that bind him. There's a lot here to explore, and I still am obsessed with the Joss Whedon connection, but I'm not sure that will fulfilled the parameters of this project.

1 comment:

  1. Exploring the Fool would be so neat, especially when you consider Hamlet's foray into fooling. And anything Joss you can work in is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete