Sunday, October 18, 2015

Perhaps...A Mormon Reading?

As I thought about what I wanted to do for my term paper, I started thinking about feminism. I have written many papers about feminism in literature, and I feel fairly well equipped to write a paper from this perspective. However, nothing would be new about my paper--I do not really know if I would have anything legitimate to add to the conversation that already exists. Some research paper topics are easy, but it's ultimately unchallenging to repeat or barely change what someone else has said.
I want to try a new approach, or at least one that is not used as often. I want to do a Mormon reading of a Shakespeare play. I'm not sure if there's a play that would be best suited for this, but I feel like there are definite undertones and overtones of Christianity, but I would like to look for doctrine and evidence of specifically Mormon beliefs. I know there will not be a lot of scholarly info to cite in my paper, so I do not know if I could do this for my paper. Just a thought.

Here are some plays I would like to read:
Much Ado about Nothing
Antony and Cleopatra
All's Well That Ends Well
The Tempest

1 comment:

  1. I like that you want to push yourself and not just do what would be easy for you. impressive :)

    ReplyDelete