Sunday, October 18, 2015

Ideas for Paper and the Plays I Would Want to Read

Something that really interested me in the different Shakespeare productions that I have seen in this class so far is their use of music. It has a great tendency to change the dynamics of the scenes. I think it would be a neat idea for a paper to focus on how music is used in Shakespeare productions and what effects that has on changing the different plays.
Another area of interest that I have is how these plays where performed during certain time periods. Professor Burton mentioned about how they where performed in Nazi Germany before the war. That sounded very interesting. I am not sure what period I would like to study. Studying the historical plays during the 1600s and seeing how the execution of the king and the attempted establishment of a republic changed how these plays were performed is one idea.
The plays that I want to read are Henry V, Merry Wives of Windsor, and Measure for Measure.

3 comments:

  1. That's really interesting, I never even considered music! Especially since it's something that is so dependent on each showing/director/etc. But your right, it does have a huge impact... I think that would be an interesting paper topic for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think focusing on the music is a really interesting idea. Music can help tell the story and different music can tell a different story. I agree with Shelise, this would make an interesting paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both of these would be interesting papers, but because I'm a history buff I think your second idea is my favorite. That would be so neat! Especially since Shakespeare has been done so many times. You can't run out of material to work with

    ReplyDelete